Position: Programme Coordinator
Organisation: Jesuit Conference of Africa and Madagascar
Office Location: Nairobi, Kenya (Africama House, 260 Dagoretti Road, Karen. P. O. Box 1540-00502)
Job Duration: 1-year renewable contract (funding permitting)
Supervisor: Project Director
Working language: English (a knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an advantage)
Start date: October 2022
The Jesuit Conference of Africa and Madagascar (JCAM) is seeking to hire a programme coordinator who will be assisting and accountable to our project director in organising and implementing our project on Synodality (“African Synodality Initiative”). The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring various aspects of the project and expenditures; contacting stakeholders and organising and participating in stakeholder meetings; and ensuring that project objectives and deadlines are met in a timely manner. This position may involve a limited amount of travel.
Programme Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Providing administrative support to the project director.
• Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules and expenditures.
• Undertaking assigned project tasks.
• Creating a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
• Monitoring and tracking project strategies and timelines, and updating the project director on the project’s progress.
• Ensuring project deadlines are met.
• Identifying project risks and issues and providing solutions where applicable.
• Assisting with planning and logistics for project events (virtual and in-person).
• Organising, attending and participating in project team and stakeholder meetings (virtual and in-person), and taking minutes.
• Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
• Chairing and facilitating meetings where appropriate and distributing minutes to all project team members, participants and stakeholders.
• Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
• Ensuring that the project adheres to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for the purposes of reporting.
Programme Coordinator Requirements:
• A right to live and work in Kenya.
• A close knowledge of the structures of the Catholic Church.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines.
• Competency in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Familiarity with the use of social media.
• Proven exceptional verbal, written, presentational and organisational skills.
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
• At least one (1) year of relevant experience is required for consideration.
• Ability to work efficiently both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a diverse team.
• A creative self-starter.
How to apply: Application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, and a short sample writing (maximum 1,000 words on a related topic. See: http://www.synod.va/en/documents/vademecum.html) should be mailed or emailed to the Human Resources Delegate: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 16 September 2022 at noon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pay by bank transfer
If you wish to make a donation by direct bank transfer please contact Fr Paul Hamill SJ email@example.com. Fr Paul will get in touch with you about the best method of transfer for you and share account details with you. Donations can be one-off gifts or of any frequency; for example, you might wish to become a regular monthly donor of small amounts; that sort of reliable income can allow for very welcome forward planning in the development of the Society’s works in Africa and Madagascar.
Often it is easier to send a donation to an office within your own country and Fr Paul can advise on how that might be done. In some countries this kind of giving can also be recognised for tax relief and the necessary receipts will be issued.